Saturday, September 17, 2011

Homework

Took Carlo Arellano's Advanced Entertainment Design course at he Concept Design Academy last winter/spring. It was a great class and I would recommend it to anyone, regardless of experience level (although it IS an "advanced" course, so I guess not ANYONE exactly...). It did a lot to get me back into actually drawing stuff out a little more and focusing on design rather than a fancy painting. Anyway, here's some of my homework. We had a fun time redesigning stuff from "Avatar," which always seemed like a mixed bag to me in terms of design...i.e. those blue cat people are a little to close to being furries for my taste!

-Sean

Carlo Arellano's Blog

Concept Design Academy







4 comments:

Ben Greene said...

This looks like it was a lot of fun. I really like the pseudo-retro space marine design.

Joshua James said...

♫♪ What's This!? ♫ What's This!? ♫♪

♫♪ I can't believe myy eeyeeess! ♫♪

Sean McNally said...

Thanks Ben, it was a fun class! yeah the space girl wasn't a part of the avatar theme, carlo just had us do a random character...Nice stuff on your blog, BTW!

Yes, Josh, I know, this is the most I've done with my blog in like a year. Imma put more stuff op soon though...

-Sean

Ben Greene said...

Ah, nice and thanks man! :)